04 July 2008

insuspenders day

Happy InSuspenders Day!!

This is the one day of the year when all of the suspender-loving citizens of America gather to eat, drink, and be merry - and to celebrate the invention of modern Suspenders on July 4th, 1822 by Albert Thurston. Some people refer to July 4th as "Independence Day" (an obvious mispronunciation), apparently referencing our ability to forever shun the belts that had held our waists captive for too long.

Regardless, I urge you to wear your suspenders proudly on this glorious annual celebration of fashion-friendly freedom. So, whether they are rainbow, Irish-themed, or attorney-blue…wear those suspenders. Make Albert Thurston proud. Make Screech proud. Make America proud.

Happy InSuspenders Day.

1 comment:

  1. Viva la revolucion!

    I just bought my first pair of suspenders since I was 5 years old yesterday. I'm a cool cat now.

    ReplyDelete