09 April 2008

idols and africa

If you would have told me a couple of years ago that I would be encouraging people to watch American Idol, I would have laughed at you. Not that there is anything wrong with the show itself... I just wouldn't have been using my time and energy to promote it.

Well, starting tonight (Wednesday) at 6:30pm (Central time), American Idol will be doing their "Idol Gives Back" show. And you should watch.

The Idol people did a tremendous job last year of chronicling the issues of Africans and I think that anyone who wants an accurate picture of what life looks like over there should consider tuning in. And, if after tuning in you are moved, consider donating to the cause. The charities they support are active and very efficient. We witnessed them on the ground working alongside us. And we know that your money might be very well spent there.

So, watch American Idol for just one night. Last year, they raised something over $70 million dollars. Maybe you could help them - and help Africa - do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment